Saturday, September 12, 2009

day 30 - big softy


i really don't use my big softbox nearly enough. and i had never used it with my new 10" boom arm. so i figured that's what i'd do.

i also wanted to try shooting from a low vantage point and lighting my legs separately from my face. so i set up two 42" umbrellas, reflective side bouncing light down from about waist height, and then set up my softbox to light my upper body.

using the lower vantage point has the effect of stretching me out, i look like i'm ten feet tall up there. focus wasn't that great, since it was locked onto a tripod i could never tell where it was autofocusing. next time i'll set a lightstand where my face will be, focus on that and then leave it in manual so it won't change. solve that problem.

but yeah. it's good light, and i should use my big softbox more often.

setup shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment