Monday, October 26, 2009

day 148 - small softbox



the other day alisia and i were at a restaurant, and i saw this young girl across the room check her iphone... and in the dimly lit warm ambiance her face was lit up with a bluish light from the phone. i thought it was an interesting scene, with a pleasant color contrast, and i wished i had my camera with me at the time.

but i didn't. so instead i did something similar here. this picture is no flash, wide open aperture and a longer shutter speed. even with all that, it was underexposed, so i bumped my iso up to 400. my d60 gets really noisy at 400, so i ran this image through imagenomics portraiture lightroom plugin after lightening it up in lightroom. it did a pretty great job of smoothing things out without making my skin look plastic, and this is the result.

other info:
Model: NIKON D60
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/15 sec
Aperture: 1.8
Focal Length: 35mm
Flash Used: No

setup shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment