Monday, May 19, 2014

"Steal my Ideas" by Seth Godin

godin


This article by Seth Godin has a lot of things in it that I’ve been turning over in my head here lately. Ever since I started this blog 2 months ago and started putting some of my ideas and bits of my process on here I’ve been inundated with new ideas, new techniques to try, new viewpoints on things that I’d previously considered and then set aside. I’ve been chalking it up to the fact that in order to explain something on here, I really have to think about it in depth, and that has caused me to examine my own approach and find weak spots or places where things could be done differently. It’s a little bit like that quote that “If you really want to learn something, go and teach it” (apparently that quote is attributed to Phil Collins… see? learning by teaching).


Maybe it’s just happenstance. Maybe my getting on here and saying “go do this to get ideas” is sinking in to my own self on some level, and I’m ultimately following my own advice. Who knows? But please, steal my ideas. I guarantee you won’t do them the way I would have, and your approach might be better than anything I could’ve done. You can’t steal it from me. It’s all ours.


Screen Shot 2014-05-19 at 10.24.53 PM



"Steal my Ideas" by Seth Godin

No comments:

Post a Comment