Sunday, June 29, 2014

New Work - Casual Portrait for Rosemarie

Tim Lewis Photography Portrait Eugene Oregon Copyright 2014 All Rights Reserved * Tim Lewis Photography


A more informal portrait of Dr. Rosemarie Downey-McCarthy. This setup only has one light, so it’s very simple. I often like to start with simpler setups because they’re less distracting to me as a photographer. I’m not adjusting four or five different lights, busy trying to balance all these spinning plates, instead I can slow down and spend ten or twenty minutes talking with the subject, slowly getting them to relax, getting them used to my style of shooting, the pace, the random things I’m going to say to them… Starting simple like this can calm the subject a bit, and you can move to more complicated setups afterwards. Plus you get great results like this one on the way.



New Work - Casual Portrait for Rosemarie

No comments:

Post a Comment