Monday, June 16, 2014

New Work - Oil and Light with Marie

Tim Lewis Photography Oil Portrait marie Eugene Oregon Copyright 2014 * All Rights Reserved Tim Lewis Photography


This is a recent picture from my collaboration with Marie, who is an amazing model/make up/hair artist. I had been impressed with the digital illustrations of an artist named Serge Birault who mostly does pinup-ish images of girls wearing latex and I wanted to incorporate kind of the same idea into one of my pictures. So I reached out to Marie, who definitely has the right look for the part, and sent her this sketch of my idea:


Tim Lewis Photography Oil Sketch Tentacle Eugene Oregon


She was interesting in working together, so we met up and made a picture together. This picture was captured using four different plates and assembled in photoshop. I think we were definitely successful at getting the whole girl-emerging-from-oil look, and from my point of view 90% of that is thanks to Marie’s great makeup, styling and hair design. Seriously, she’s great and took my pictures to a whole new level.



New Work - Oil and Light with Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment