Sunday, June 22, 2014

Water Drops

Tim Lewis Photography Eugene Oregon Water Drops


I’m really interested lately in putting things between my lens and the subject. This being Eugene, I thought maybe some water droplets would be fun to try. So this is that attempt. Some thoughts – 1. It’s hard to focus on the droplets themselves, to get the image inside of them sharp. 2. The water droplets distort in a really interesting way that’s not always flattering to the subject — this is more appropriate for use on a surreal subject, or a model with unconventional looks. 3. It doesn’t take much glass to get this effect. It could almost be done carrying a small piece of plexiglass around… perhaps attaching it to my lens itself would be interesting…. this way the focal length would never change, and I could just walk around and take pictures through the drops.


It’s an interesting experiment. I’ll probably play around with it some more down the line.


Also, it sometimes creates great bokeh:


Tim Lewis Photography Eugene Oregon Water Drops


 


Tim Lewis Photography Eugene Oregon Water Drops

Behind the Scenes



Water Drops

No comments:

Post a Comment