Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Curating Inspiration

Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 3.07.43 PM


One of my favorite new websites is Curiator. It’s a website that lets people link to and upload pictures of art, and then you can put pieces you like into your “collection”. It’s kinda like Pinterest, but for fine art.


I like to get on Curiator and use it to fuel my own process. I find a picture I like, then I ask myself what it is that I’m responding to about this image…. is it the emotion, or the color scheme, or the composition? Once I’ve figured out what I’m liking about it I try and figure out ways to incorporate the thing I like into my own work. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. But either way, it kickstarts ideas that wouldn’t have otherwise happened. Here’s my “collection” on curiator so far: link.


To quote David Bowie: “The only art I will study is the stuff that I can steal from”.



Curating Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment