Tuesday, October 13, 2009

day 115 - double soft



first, i got to say that this setup is solid gold. seriously. look at that image. it has so many contrast points.... my right arm is light against the dark corner back there, and my left side is dark against the light wall. it's like the maximum amount of dark on light light on dark possible. solid. gold.

okay, my idea here was that i wanted two really large, soft light sources, one on either side of me. i only have one super big softbox, so i figured i'd set that one up on one side, and for the other side bounce some light off a wall. i've been playing with different compositions lately, so i figured i'd show a big chunk of the lit up wall, and have that corner back behind me.

there was only one problem that i encountered with this setup.... at first i wasn't gobo-ing the flash that is set up to illuminate the wall, so i was catching some hard light on my face, which was throwing a strongly defined shadow behind me. i wanted the flash to light the wall first, and then have that bounce hit me. so i set up a gobo to prevent direct light from hitting me, and there it is. problem solved.

setup shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment