Saturday, October 3, 2009

day 78 - feathered sihouette


i think i look a bit like lenin in this picture.

anyways. the idea here was to flip what i usually do backwards. usually i'll try and make the background dark, and throw a lot of light on my subject. for this shot i decided i wanted to basically create a silhouette -- light background, no light on the subject, and then feather in a bit of light on the subject.

it would have worked, too. but i had my background strobe zoomed in (to make a nice tight circle) without realizing that would make the brightness of said circle a bit too hot. so if you look at the picture, the edges of my face are being "eaten away" by the light pouring past and curving around. i had thought it through in order to prevent that, but then i went and turned up the zoom to 11, and blew my numbers.

that's it. i need to find a better way to hide my light stands.

setup shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment