Monday, October 5, 2009

day 90 - outside with the 50mm



yeah, i was outside watching the dog play in the yard as evening approached, and i decided to grab my camera and 50 millimeter lens and fire up some wide open aperture / short depth of field stuff. so i did. it was a lot of fun.

i don't use my 50mm all that much, because on my low-end dslr it only works as a manual focus, so i almost always wind up frustrated with pictures that are close to being in focus, but not quite there. my solution to the focus issue here is to take pictures of things where it looks like i was intending to have most of it out of focus. it usually works pretty well.

so yeah. this is all stuff in the backyard. no flash, no light modifiers, just me and my camera as evening encroached. i think it looks pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment