Sunday, May 11, 2014

Jenni Concrete #2

Copyright All Rights Reserved * Tim Lewis Photography 2014 Copyright All Rights Reserved * Tim Lewis Photography 2014


Another shot from my session with Jenni. This one was taken just a few minutes after this one, and in the exact same situation. The difference in how they look is that I processed this one to emphasize the concrete texture and put as much of a color twist on it as I could. So I toned the fabric slightly blue, and warmed up her skin and the chain to make it warmer. I thought it could use even more warm on cool tones, so I then added a bit of a fake light leak to the edges, which I thought added another subtle twist.


Dodging and burning on the concrete really drew out the texture by increasing mid tone contrast, and had an interesting added effect of making the concrete look more three dimensional and less flat. It creates just ever so much more motion in the image. I’m really pleased with how it came out. I think motion is something I need to put more of in my images. What do you think?



Jenni Concrete #2

No comments:

Post a Comment