Thursday, May 15, 2014

Tree Building Shadow Idea

treebuildingsidea


Just a quick old idea from the notebook. I think people are more affected by where they live and what they see than they often realize. When I lived in Texas I never thought about how the environment was being transformed by people, or if I did think about it, it was that towns and cities were better than fields of scrubgrass and mesquite thorns. But living in Oregon, surrounded by lush forests and rivers… you start to see buildings as eyesores and the tradeoff of natural for urban starts to look like a losing proposition.


So I think that’s where this idea came from. Something pointing out the very temporary state we find ourselves in, trees that become buildings in the blink of an eye. It’s not an uncommon value here, and I think it’s because everyday you see so much natural beauty around. It’s hard not to be moved by it.



Tree Building Shadow Idea

No comments:

Post a Comment