Tuesday, September 1, 2009

day 14 - mailbox at night

 
mailbox at night. it's weird, how accustomed to shooting in my living room i get.... tonite i wanted to get out, go across the street, and hit this mailbox. the original idea was to get some out of focus headlights in the background, but sadly at 2am there wasn't a passing car to be found. so instead i shot the ground the mailbox is firmly affixed to.

side note - i'm manual focusing this one..... my 50mm lens has screw-driven autofocus, and my nikon d60 can't handle that sort of thing. so until i get my act together and buy a d3, it's all manual focus with the 50mil. my advice? shoot a lot. even if you think the focus on the last one was dead on, shoot some more.

words to live by.

strobist info: got one light, an sb-28 on a stand high camera left, with a cto gel through a 42" umbrella. it's probably at 1/4 power or so. i'm hand holding my d60 at 1/2 second and f1.8 -- that's why the non-flash affected areas are a bit shaky looking. after correcting for the cto cut on the flash, the streetlight went a nice shade of green -- i thought it made a nice color contrast. that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment