Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Jenni Concrete

Jenni Concrete * Copyright Tim Lewis Photography 2014 All rights reserved Jenni Concrete * Copyright Tim Lewis Photography 2014 All rights reserved


For this image I had the idea to play with textures. I wanted some really rough, raw concrete as a background, the model as the middleground, and then some kind of wispy fabric as a foreground element. I have never really worked with fabric as a picture element before, but I liked how it added a sense of movement to an otherwise static shot. The lighting was kept super simple, just a gridded stripbox above the camera and a white posterboard reflector below the model’s face (just out of frame, but you can see it reflected in the glasses and her eyes).


For my post processing, I wanted an almost monochromatic feel to it, so I toned most of the picture a golden brown. This really ties everything together and makes the image look really cohesive. I have another shot from this series that I took in a different direction in post, worked more of a color twist to it instead, and when I post that one you’ll see the difference in how it affects the image and the viewer.


I’m really happy with this image. I tried several new things that I hadn’t tried before, and they really came together well to make an image that I like a lot.



Jenni Concrete

No comments:

Post a Comment