Saturday, September 26, 2009

day 55 - converging shadows


for this one i wanted to have a light source behind me so that each of my legs is casting a shadow towards the camera. but at the same time i didn't want to be a silhouette. so my answer was light behind me, gridded to prevent crazy reflections from all the walls and ceiling around me, and then a high camera right beauty dish illuminating more or less only my head and torso.

the final image has some problems.... you can see the light stand holding up my shadow light source, and you can even see the shadow of the shadow light source on the wall behind me. i had to move almost every piece of furniture in the living room to get to this point, so it's not too frustrating to me. just a few little things that i would change if it were possible.

of course, with photoshop anything is possible.

setup shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment